Telehouse Cape Town
About Telehouse Cape Town
Telehouse Cape Town is situated in dedicated areas within the Teraco Data Environments Data Centers. The spaces are set up and managed according to strict Telehouse Global Standards and has 4,900 square feet. Telehouse customers receive continued Customer Services Support and Account Management from the team in the UK and in South Africa, and Telehouse takes responsibility to manage the interface with local operations in South Africa. As an additional benefit, Telehouse can offer GBP billing, which may reduce the local currency risk.
Data Center Infrastructure
Colocation facilities are available in managed client areas or a private cage for the client’s sole use.
Cabinets comprise of either 43 or 47U racks.
An additional 7 inches of depth is added per cabinet, making each cabinet 47 inches deep, allowing space for wiring, air flow and access.
All cabinets have unique locks, ensuring that only approved personnel are able to gain access.
Perforated front and back doors, allows for 86% air flow.
Site walls are 23 inches thick.
Data Center Specifications
- Municipal power feed provides 1MVA to the Data Center
- Resilient diesel backup generators are fueled to provide 5 days of power boosted by guaranteed diesel delivery should the municipal supply fail
- Power is cascaded to multiple resilient distribution boards that enable the servicing of multiple zones
- Fully online UPSs ensure frequency, voltage and surge stability
- Power Distribution Unit technology is able to manage the power down to socket level within cabinets, in addition to remote management capabilities reducing the need to physically enter the site
- Power is supplied in 1.1KVA increments, from 1.1KVA per cabinet upwards. Higher power configurations are available
- Detailed measurement and proactive notification of power usage are effected via a Secure Client Portal
Air Conditioning & Cooling:
- Multiple cooling zones with independent CRAC units
- Temperature controlled and maintained between 71°F and 86°F
- Relative humidity maintained between 40% and 60%
- Hot aisle containment
- Data Center positive pressure to ensure a dust-free environment
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring in all plenums
- All major network operators present in the Carrier Hotel
- There are interconnect cabinets on each row in the colocation area
- Any point within the Data Center can be connected to any other via multiple routes
- Cabling for single and multimode fibre, Cat 6 UTP or GPO copper, can be arranged
- All cabling vendors are certified
- All cabling is managed by structured cabling policies and is implemented by Teraco technicians to guarantee availability
Fire Detection & Suppression:
- Pro-active fire monitoring systems incorporating best practice fire protection and prevention procedures
- There is multi-zone monitoring within all plenums and the energy centers
- Diesel generators and tanks are physically separate
- All monitoring and fire protection equipment is fed via an independent power source
- Comprehensive perimeter and building security, with ‘zones within zones’ for multiple levels of security
- Pre-authorization required for Data Center access according to Teraco’s Access Policy
- A visitor’s identity is visually confirmed against a picture on a named user list, with additional biometric confirmation through fingerprint imaging
- Service areas are physically separated from Data Center areas
- Continuous video surveillance of all zones and cabinets
- Comprehensive audit logs are maintained on all site access
- Additional bespoke access policies can be implemented for private cage clients
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance is performed, without interruption to Data Center services
- Remote technician services are available 24/7 (Remote Hands)
- An open market of interconnectivity is offered via network access points (NAPAfrica)
- Remote power management is available
Request a Facility Tour
Visit our Telehouse Cape Town Data Center to view our colocation space first-hand.Take A Tour