Data Center Technician
A Global Data Center Provider, located in New York is seeking a Tech 1 Position to join our Tech Operations Division
As a member of the Operations Department, the Data Center Technician is a position that provides data center infrastructure support including: installation, modification, repair, and troubleshooting of data center IT equipment and copper/fiber cabling in support of voice, video and data center services.
Data Center Technician Required skills
- Provide infrastructure support including: Installation, termination, testing, labeling, of CAT 6 Copper and Fiber cabling and patch systems.
- Receiving customer deliveries, racking and stacking of equipment, Remote Hands requests etc.
- Respond to inbound customer requests Via our ticketing system
- Interact with customers, primarily through email correspondence.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, follow and generate documentation, and maintain schedules
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, adjust priorities and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Must have one of the following certification or equivalent work experience. Comp/TIA A+, Network +, Cisco CCENT.
- Fully Paid Medical, Dental & Vision
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee 401 (K) Savings Plan
- Liberal Vacation Time
- 1st – 3rd years 15 Days-Prorated
- 4th – 9th years 20 Days-Prorated
- 10th year and after 25 Days-Prorated
- Twelve Paid Holidays per year
- Sick Time
- Extended Sick Leave Policy
- World Wide Travel Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Send your resume to email@example.com.
For over 20 years, Telehouse has pioneered the development of data center services and worked to keep our clients’ information secure and uninterrupted, while performing at the optimum level.
Telehouse operates two SAS 70 Type II data centers and colocation facilities in New York, including our 162,000 square ft. flagship disaster recovery center and headquarters in Staten Island, NY, and a full service data center in Los Angeles
- In conjunction with our data center services, Telehouse America owns and operates public internet peering exchanges in New York (NYIIX) and Los Angeles (LAIIX). Both exchanges provide a platform for participants to peer (exchange internet traffic) at up to 100gbps speeds using IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.