About Telehouse Johannesburg
Just 10 minutes from O.R. Tambo International airport, Telehouse, in cooperation with Teraco Data Environments, provides a colocation facility built and operated to the highest international specifications, offering carrier neutral choice in connectivity.
Telehouse Johannesburg provides security, fire protection, cooling and cable management according to a N+1 redundancy policy, with power provided on a 2N basis allowing Telehouse to offer SLAs guaranteeing 99.999% availability.
Data Center Infrastructure
Shared Facility Management:
Customer’s equipment is installed in a 19-inch, individually locked cabinet. The room provides a common, neutral infrastructure, offering uninterruptible power in a secure and climate-controlled environment.
Standard Rack Size: 23 inches(W) x 47 inches(D) x 47U(H)
A & B power feeds are delivered to each rack
Minimum power per rack: 1.1 KvA
Standard power: 2.2kVA
Dedicated Facility Management:
Our caged colocation solution provides a higher degree of privacy and security as cabinets are enclosed in a floor-to-ceiling metal cage.
Hosted solutions (IaaS, SaaS):
Telehouse South Africa is happy to discuss your cloud computing needs with you and provide a tailor made solution that suits your company needs.
Data Center Specifications
- Dual municipal power feeds into the building providing 2x 4MVA power to the Data Center
- N+1 diesel backup generators fueled to provide 17 hours power at maximum load
- Power cascaded to multiple redundant distribution boards servicing multiple zones
- Two independent power circuits per cabinet from resilient banks of UPSs
- Fully online UPSs ensure frequency, voltage and surge stability
- Power Distribution Unit technology to manage power down to socket level within cabinets, with remote management to reduce the need to come to site
- Power supplied in 1.1KVA increments from 1.1KVA/cabine upwards.
Air Conditioning & Cooling:
- Multiple cooling zones with independent CRAC units, each with N 1 redundancy
- Temperature controlled at 75°F /24°F
- Relative humidity 50% /- 5%
- Hot aisle containment
- Data Center over pressured to ensure dust free environment
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring on all plenums
- Water leakage detection system in place
- International bandwidth can be provided over more than one sea-cable for resilience
- Telehouse Johannesburg is connected to NAPAfrica, a neutral, layer 2 Internet eXchange (IX) point, located in South Africa. NAPAfrica enables the exchange of large volumes of traffic between Network Service Providers (NSPs) via public peering. NSPs include Local and International Carriers, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Application Service Providers (ASPs) and Content Providers, among others. Instead of costly multiple direct links, a single peering point allows multiple networks to interconnect using a shared switch fabric. This fabric typically takes the form of high end Ethernet switches.
- All major network operators present in the Carrier Hotel
- There are interconnect cabinets on each row in the colocation area
- Any point within the Data Center can be connected to any other via multiple routes
- Cabling for single and multimode fibre, Cat 6 UTP or GPO copper, can be arranged
Fire Detection & Suppression:
- Pro-active fire monitoring systems, best practice fire protection and prevention procedures
- Multi-zone monitoring within all plenums
- Diesel generators and tanks are physically separated
- Independent power for fire protection and monitoring equipment
- Comprehensive perimeter and building security, with ‘zones within zones’ for multiple levels of security
- Pre-authorization required for Data Center access according to Telehouse South Africa Access policy
- Visitor identity confirmed visually against picture on named user list, with additional biometric confirmation by fingerprint
- Service areas physically separate from Data Center areas
- Continuous video surveillance of all zones and cabinets
- Comprehensive audit logs on all access
- Additional bespoke access policies can be implemented for private cage customers
- Alarms and early warning messages alert technicians on duty. All areas have 24X7 intelligent monitoring
and video recording with integrated motion sensing
- Unified building monitoring system logs all security and environmental data
- Battery capacity at 15 minutes fully charged
- Ceiling height at 102 inches
- 17-inch raised antistatic floor with durable floor load at 276.5 lbs/sq. ft
- Staging areas available for lease and one off usage. Parking available to customers and visitors
- 10 min by car from O.R. Tambo International and Domestic airport
Request a Facility Tour
Visit our Telehouse Johannesburg Data Center to view our colocation space first-hand.Take a Tour