Hosting and Cloud Summit 2015: Mobile Use Explodes
Telehouse attended the Hosting and Cloud Transformation Summit in Las Vegas, where industry leaders, innovators and IT practitioners met to learn, network and share strategies for the rapidly-changing IT world.
Our own IT Solutions Director, Derek Malkowski, was among the speakers at the cloud summit. His session on Balancing Network Cost and Performance in a Hybrid Cloud World was well received.
One of the most talked about topics was the surge in mobile use. Not a big surprise, but some of the statistics were impressive. Here’s what we learned:
- The number of mobile phones is much higher than the number PCs, with 4 out of 5 people owning one.
- The average time spent on mobile apps is 64%.
- People check their mobile every 6 minutes on average.
- People use mobile apps 6 times more than websites.
- 79% of smart phone users use mobile to make purchasing decisions.
- 50% users make a purchase on Mobile within 1 hour, as compared to 1 month on desktops.
- 73% of business owners use mobile apps daily.
- Business owners also use Mobile Apps for Customer Engagement.
Developers are creating thousands of apps every day as demand and mobile use grows. They have become a way of life. But are people playing Scrabble or actually working? That remains to be seen.