TELEHOUSE Welcomes First Global Reseller IX Reach to NYIIX
New York, NY, USA – February 2, 2015 – TELEHOUSE, the global leader for data centers, international Internet exchanges, and managed IT services, announces today that IX Reach has joined the New York International Exchange (NYIIX) as its premier global reseller. Operated by Telehouse and recently upgraded to an MPLS platform, NYIIX is a leading, neutral Internet exchange point, which streamlines connectivity using state-of-the-art, scalable peering infrastructure. IX Reach, the global number one reseller for Internet Exchange Points and a leading provider of wholesale carrier solutions, joins a total of five other resellers in NYIIX’s reseller program, which officially launched in Q4 2014.
“NYIIX is the largest open International Internet Exchange in the Northeast and one with the largest peering membership base where colocating is not a prerequisite, making NYIIX a true differentiator,” comments Stephen Wilcox, CEO, IX Reach. “Additionally, both TELEHOUSE and NYIIX have a strong reputation in Europe, and therefore we expect this to work well on both a domestic and global level, with focus on transatlantic, European-based companies that want to peer with NYIIX. In the US, this strategy will support our objectives to grow our business in the US as well.”
“Having our first global reseller on board signifies the ongoing evolution of the New York peering market and our commitment to the global market as a whole,” says Akio Sugeno, Vice President of Internet Engineering, Operations and Business Development, TELEHOUSE. “With the addition of IX Reach to NYIIX’s reseller program, peering is now more accessible for small and medium sized networks and developing markets outside of the United States that aren’t necessarily ready to deploy their own PoPs.”
Key Benefits of Remote Peering and NYIIX Reseller Program with IX Reach:
No colocation or hardware infrastructure required at NYIIX sites
- Reduced deployment/install fees as the NYIIX connection will be a fractional port over IX Reach’s reseller port
- ASN presented at NYIIX as if physically present
- Seamless connection from the remote customer port to the IXP peering LAN
- Bundled transport and connection at the Exchange
- Delivered over Point-to-Point or Point-to-Multipoint global network topology
- Lower operational costs – customers only pay for the bandwidth they require and are able to upgrade as they grow, with quick turn-up
- Reduction in upstream costs and reliance on multiple transit connections
- IX Reach acts as a single point of contact for legal, technical and billing for customers
For more information on NYIIX and its reseller program, please visit http://www.nyiix.net.
Telehouse and IX Reach are attending NANOG 63 in San Antonio, Texas, February 2-4, 2015. To learn more about Telehouse email us at firstname.lastname@example.org