Telehouse Data Center in New Jersey and New York
About Telehouse New York Teleport Datacenter
Custom-designed to operate as a Data Center and a Disaster Recovery site, ensuring continuous operation of your mission-critical IT systems
Redundant Power Supply from New York and New Jersey
Diverse power feeds from New York and New Jersey utilities along with backup systems minimize the risk of a power outage. The Teleport has never lost critical power since it opened in 1989. This ensures that when it comes to your needs for a data center New Jersey and New York businesses and those across the tri-state area can sleep safe knowing that their critical applications and data are always accessible.
Disaster Recovery Backup and Business Continuity
The Telehouse Teleport Data Center operates as a data center and disaster recovery / business continuity site with 99.999+% reliability. That means flawless support from a New York and New Jersey data center provider that can help you develop a custom strategy, implement and activate it when needed to keep your business running following a disaster.
Premium Space in a Highly Secure Location
The 162,000 sq. ft. facility is located in the Teleport, a 100-acre office park on Staten Island, operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. It is just 17 miles from Manhattan and 12 miles from Newark Airport. This brings true convenience for New York and New Jersey businesses due to its close proximity for your internal IT staff or along with the added benefit of the availability of remote office space close to your servers and data.
A Variety of Colocation Services
The Teleport Data Center offers customers the option to use common and caged colocation space as well as private suites.
Carrier Neutrality and High Connectivity
Teleport Data Center customers enjoy premium access to on-net service providers and key carrier hotels in Manhattan along with major peering exchange points. The result is that businesses that partner with Telehouse essentially get New York and New Jersey datacenters that are part of an extended web data center boasting broad carrier neutral connectivity and internet exchange points that span the globe.
Unparalleled Level of Security
Multi-layered levels of security are provided by Telehouse and the Port Authority Police Department 24×7.
Data Center Infrastructure
- Common and caged colocation space (minimum 3 cabinets)
- Metered power options available
- Up to 10kW per cabinet maximum capacity
- Private suites and dedicated business continuity disaster recovery space
- Carrier-neutral facility
- 24×7 Customer Assistance Center with on-site technical support
- Level 1 or “remote hands” service
- Level 2 through Level 4 IT support
- 24×7 authorized personnel access only
Data Center New York Specifications
- Redundant commercial power feeds (10mW total available)
- Static A and B UPS systems (up to 4700 kVA); N+1 configuration
- Six diesel-powered generators (5,625 total kva); N+1 configuration
- Leading and lagging output power factor without de-rating
- 48-hour diesel fuel supply on-site; multi-vendors’ deliveries within 24 hours
- Eight back up battery strings, handling full-power load for up to 15 minutes
Air Conditioning & Cooling:
- The Telehouse New York Data Center at 7 Teleport has redundant air-conditioning units (N+1) in place to ensure top quality continuity and reliability
- Central monitoring for all HVAC systems
- Direct Access to the Telehouse New York International Interexchange, NYIIX
- Two completely diverse fiber routes to/from site with diverse building entry paths
- Dark fiber available
- Up to 100GigE Peering interconnection point to NYIIX
- DSR – IDF cabling infrastructure (virtual Meet-Me-Room) throughout building suites
- Transport capability to major local carrier hotels
- Multiple bandwidth & IP connectivity options
Fire Detection & Suppression:
- Telehouse New York Teleport provides pre-action sprinklers and halon or FM200 for fire suppression within the Data Center
Perimeter 1 – The Teleport Park’s Security by the Port Authority of NY & NJ Police
- Designated high-level security zone
- Outer perimeter steel fencing (10 feet high)
- Outer perimeter infrared detectors and video
- Security gate with 24×7 guards
- Grounds patrolled
- Authorized access only – requires picture ID
Perimeter 2 – Telehouse Teleport – 7 Teleport Drive’s Security
- 2nd perimeter of Outside Motion Detection and Video
- Closed-circuit television video surveillance – internal and external
- 24×7 TELEHOUSE security personnel on-site
- Electronic Card and Biometric Security
- Photo ID required for site access
- 24×7 authorized customer access monitored via regularly updated access lists
- Building patrolled
- Telehouse Teleport is also the home of our Customer Assistance Center (CAC)
- The CAC is the control center for all Telehouse U.S. facilities and is staffed 24×7 with communications technicians and infrastructure engineers
- Using our Telehouse Information Management System (TIMS), the CAC is able to track and monitor trouble tickets, deliveries, work projects, etc.
This delivers the managed services needed by every business from a data center in New Jersey, New York, and across the tri-state area. It’s all about keeping your network operations secure, trouble-free, and outfitted with the data center technology support that drives operational continuity.
When you partner with Telehouse, you have a New York and New Jersey datacenter partner that has developed a real-world contingency plan and a process for every scenario. That gives us a foundation to help you build a customized strategy approach that works for your business.
Request a Facility Tour
Visit our Telehouse New York Teleport Data Center to experience our flagship facility first-hand!Take a tour